The recipe that taught me my sister-in-law Paola, a great cook 🥰
Soft, fragrant, perfect for breakfast or tea. But, truth be told, she never gets to tea time. The recipe is very simple, just have an hour of time and a bit of desire.
I prepare it in the evening to serve it for breakfast the next day. The ingredient that should not be missing? The grated peel.
• 190 gr flour (I use that of Poderino, ancient grains, type 2 stone-ground, but you can use whatever you want)
• 120 ml sunflower oil
• 160 grams of granulated sugar (Paola would say 190 gr, I put less)
• 3 whole eggs
• 100 g fresh orange juice at room temperature (about 2 oranges)
• grated peel of 2 oranges
• grated peel of 1 lemon
• 1 sachet of baking powder
• 1 sachet of vanilla
• a pinch of salt
• juice of 1 large orange
• 2 – 4 tablespoons of sugar
I use the food processor, first putting the eggs with sugar, then the flour with vanillin and yeast, orange and lemon peel, salt, oil, squeezed juice. Bake at 170 in a 20 cm pan for about 30 minutes. I prepare the icing by melting the sugar with the orange juice in a saucepan and distribute it on the warm cake.
I’m always good at it🤞